The E384 fixed wing UAS is one of the leading drones in the world for Construction, Environmental Conservation, Mining, Precision Agriculture and Surveying.
Have Questions? Our helpful support team will be happy to explain all the options as they relate to your project.
Dimensions: 190cm Wingspan, 130cm Length (75 x 51 inches)
- Wings and body disassemble for easy transport
- Weight: 2.5kg (5.6 lbs)
- Endurance: 90 minutes flight time
- Cruise Speed: 13m/s (29 mph)
Range: 70km (44 miles)
- Map up to 960 geo-referenced acres per flight at 3.0cm/pixel resolution (390 Ha)
Payload: 1kg (2.2 lbs)
- Automatic lens protection for landing
Complete mission planning and operations software
- For your Windows 7 or 8 laptop (not included)
- Autonomous flight, Return-to-launch, Automated pre-flight checklists, much more
- Complete operating instructions online and downloadable
- MSL Ceiling: 3,960 meters, (13,000 ft), – auto take-off tested to 3,100 meters, (10,000 ft)
- Max wind speed: 8 m/sec, (18 mph) for autonomous operation
- Telemetry Range: 5 km+ with standard RFD900+ radios, (3.1 mi)
There are three standard RGB camera options for the E384: The the Sony WX500, Sony QX1 and NX500. All cameras include an automatic hatch mount and utilize Intellishoot, which automatically takes pictures at optimal overlap to maintain consistency and eliminate redundant data collection. The major differences in these cameras are as follows.
- Sony WX500 – 18MP Resolution
- Sony QX1 – 20.1MP Resolution
- Sony QX1 Plus Companion Computer – Automatically geotags images in real time and uses camera feedback to improve geotag accuracy. Images are stored with geotags in EXIF data and can be imported directly into any photogrammetry software, bypassing the normal geotagging process.
- Customized Canon Powershot S110 with infrared filters specifically designed to measure NDVI. Using ratios of visible light to infrared light, we can calculate NDVI, which allows for the detection of crop health.
Other camera options are available for specialty applications, please contact us for more information.
- MicaSense RedEdge
- Parrot Sequoia
- FLIR Vue Pro
Long Range Configuration
The E384-LR Long Range configuration uses more dense Lithium-Ion battery packs to fly even longer. This adds about 200g of weight to the aircraft and increases flight time to 110 minutes. The E384-LR features terrain-follow capability to ensure a safe and consistent altitude needed when covering large areas. A special algorithm designed just for the E384-LR also optimizes flight speed in the face of strong headwinds when the aircraft would otherwise slow to a crawl. This increases the maximum sustained windspeed that the aircraft can safely fly in.
PPK Precision Geotagging Option
Integration of the Reach system enables map collection at centimeter level precision without ground control points.
The full system includes:
- Integration of precision timing on the QX-1 camera
- Emlid Reach GPS receiver, with installation onto an E384/6
- Antenna and ground plane installation on the E384/6
- Image utility to help automate RTKLIB post-processing
PPK GPS systems require a receiver both on the aircraft as well as one in a fixed location on the ground to provide corrections. The Reach RS base station can be used to provide these corrections. Alternatively, most survey-grade GPS receivers can be used for this purpose as long as they can provide a raw RINEX observation file.
PPK geotagging requires precision timing of the camera shutter. The only compatible camera is the Sony QX-1.